Proud Member Bands of BLUSD
Is your band listed below? If not, just have at least one person in your band become a member of BLUSD, and we will add your band to the list. If you have a website, a direct link to your site will be included.
Effective February 2014, all BLUSD member bands will have the opportunity to play a feature set at BLUSD presents Jammingout the House of Blues on Wednesdays evenings. Backline, mics and PA are provided. Many of the featured bands have been hired to play their own gigs at the House of Blues. Band names will be drawn from a hat at board meetings. The band chosen will also be given a spotlight article in our monthly Blue Ink newsletter. So make sure your membership is up-to-date…you can check by inquiring at gro.dsulbnull@ofni. See you there soon!
MARCH 2014: Chase Walker Band
APRIL 2014: Charles Burton Band
MAY 2014: Bi-Polar Express
JUNE 2014: Chickenbone Slim & the Biscuits
JULY 2014: Breaking Blues (formerly known as Maxwell Street)
AUGUST 2014: Leilani Kilgore & Electric Voodoo
SEPTEMBER 2014: The Little Kings
MARCH 2015: Clapton Hook
APRIL 2015: Batiquitos Blues Band
MAY 2015: Give Me Back My Wig
JULY 2015: BluSoull Music Collectiv
SEPTEMBER 2015: Sweet Beautiful Chaos
OCTOBER 2015: 45 Revolutions
Beginning November 2015, our Member Band Spotlight was switched to Tio Leo’s Lounge on the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 7:30 – 10 p.m. There is a $5 cover, and all proceeds go to the band. No guest list allowed. Promoted by Tio Leo’s Lounge and Wicked Harem Productions.
NOVEMBER 2015: Blues Skies
DECEMBER 2015: Aqua Fi
JANUARY 2016: Rhythm & the Method
FEBRUARY 2016: John January & Linda Berry
MARCH 2016: Charles Burton Band
APRIL 2016: Dave Keefer Band
MAY 2016: Blue Rush Blues Band
JUNE 2016: Hoodoo Blues Band
AUGUST 2016: The Moneymen
SEPTEMBER 2016: Strange Crew
OCTOBER 2016: Blues Farm
Unfortunately, Tio Leo’s is no longer willing to host our Member Spotlight Bands after October 2016. We will keep you posted as to when and if another venue becomes available.
- 45 Revolutions: www.45revolutions.com
- Aqua-Fi: Young blues-rockers! https://www.facebook.com/Aqua-Fi-154977878032137/timeline/
- Backwater Blues Band: Comprised of members with a rich history in the San Diego music scene, the Backwater Blues Band will bring an ambiance and sound to your event.
- Baja Blues Boys: Proud members of Blues Lovers United of San Diego
- Batiquitos Blues Band: batiquitosblues.com. The Batiquitos Blues Band is Vintage to the core! Comprised of experienced blues performers from around the country, Batiquitos Blues delivers smoky vocals, delicate rhythms, and nuanced leads. Mixed in are plenty of get-up-and-dance favorites from the forefathers to more modern artists.
- Behind the Sun: We are an Eric Clapton style Blues/ tribute band located in San Diego. http://www.behindthesun.com/
- Ben Powell: Solo Acoustic blues & original roots music, featuring National resonator guitars and homemade foot percussion.B
- Bi-Polar Express: Hard-driving blues and rock. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bi-polar-Express/231998320311235?ref=br tf
- Bill Magee Blues: Bill Magee is one of San Diego, California’s busiest working musicians. He can be seen around the greater San Diego Area.
- Black Market III: Hard hitting blues that will tilt you back a bit!
- Blue Frog Blues Band: Another San Diego blues band that will rock your socks off
- Blues Farm: Classic sounds of blues legends blended with a classy modern edge and precision performance honed from the combined experience of talented musicians. Listen to the band at: http://soundcloud.com/blues-farm
- Blues Skies: SD-based band playing a mix of Blues classics, R&B, and Classic Ro
- The Boogie Brothers Blues Band: www.boogiebrothersbluesband.com
- Breaking Blues : http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingbluesband plays a dynamic mix of vintage and current blues with a little rock and soul, combining slide guitar, harp, keys and female vocals.
- Cadillac Wreckers: Authentic vintage American music, steeped in the roots of Jazz, Blues, Swing and R&B, and reminiscent of the dance halls, speakeasies and juke joints of an era past.
- Casey Hensley Band: Soul/blues/rock with powerful vocals. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Casey-Hensley/187541014611336?sk=app_2405167945
- Catherine Denise: Amazing guitar slinger/singer/songwriter from San Antonio, TX. www.catherinedenise.com
- Cee Cee James: Cee Cee James band has relocated to Washington state.
- Charles Burton Blues Band: Charles has developed a distinctive guitar style based in the blues with elements of the many other sounds he loves. His vocal stylings range from sweet and silky smooth to rough and gutsy.
- Chase Walker Band: Hot Blues at it’s best!
- Chickenbone Slim & the Biscuits: www.chickenboneslim.com
- The Chris Fast Band: Straight-ahead blues featuring killer harp!
- Christine Gilardi: www.playlikeagirlrecords.com/index.php/christine-gilardi
- Clapton Hook: Eric Clapton Tribute band http://www.peacemakersrock.com/ClaptonHook/index.htm
- Country Rockin’ Rebels: Americana http://www.countryrockinrebels.com
- Dave Keefer Ban
- Flipside Burners: Rockabilly & blues! https://www.facebook.com/flipsideburners/?fref=ts
- Give Me Back My Wig: San Diego-based roadhouse blues band. https://www.facebook.com/Givemebackmywig1/timeline
- Glen Patrik & His Shakehouse Band: http://www.glennpatrik.com/
- Harmonica John and the Blues Wailers : Big Bad Blues Bros, check em out!
- The Holla Pointe: Original blues by Karl Cabbage, Jimmy Zollo & company. https://www.facebook.com/thehollapointe/?fref=ts
- Hoodoo Blues: Playing the blues to funk up your soul and rock away your blues
- John January & Linda Berry
- Karin Carson: Karin Carson has been a vocalist since a young age. Having studied and performed a variety of music. Her palate tempts any listener.
- The Little Kings: https://www.facebook.com/TheLittleKingsSD/info
- little monsters: blues, r&b, funk. https://www.facebook.com/pages/little-monsters/222345331138079
- Mercedes Moore Band: Hot, sultry blues and soul. mercedesmooreband.com
- Michele Lundeen and Blues Streak: … dubbed “The Queen of Steam” for her stirring vocals and electrifying stage presence, does indeed command attention. Often described as “Janis Joplin meets Bonnie Raitt.”
- Missy Andersen: Missy Andersen is one of San Diego’s newest and hottest vocalists. With a hard hitting band featuring some of the area’s best musicians backing her, Missy mixes traditional soul and blues with the band’s funky rhythms.
- The Moneymen are an authentic southern California blues band with a rotating cast of talented singers and front people: https://www.facebook.com/themoneymen?fref=ts
- Mud Wolf: Chris Rottke’s blues band
- Rhythm & the Method blend sounds of rock, blues, indie, and folk to create a unique, revolutionary sound: http://www.rhythmandthemethod.com
- Sharifah and the Good Thing: R&B, Soul and Roots: https://www.facebook.com/Sharifah-And-The-Good-Thing-572359372823373/?fref=ts
- Sonny Derin & the Derringers
- Strange Crew: A dedication to the career of Eric Clapton. https://www.facebook.com/strangecrewband/timeline
- Sue Palmer: Queen of Boogie Woogie. www.suepalmer.com
- Sweet Beautiful Chaos: Rock, blues, soul. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Beautiful-Chaos-SBC/302130859843171?fref=ts